The function of the IRBA is to help create an ethical, value-driven financial sector that encourages investment, creates confidence in the financial markets and promotes sound practices.
This is done by:
- Developing and maintaining auditing and ethics standards that are internationally comparable.
- Providing an appropriate framework for the education and training of properly qualified auditors and their on-going competence.
- Registration of auditors who meet the registration requirements.
- Monitoring registered auditors’ compliance with professional standards.
- Investigating and taking appropriate action against registered auditors in respect of improper conduct.
- Developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships to enhance performance, accountability and public confidence.